Who are engineers in 2015? You are!
- Aerospace Engineering is the primary focus with the development of aircrafts and spacecrafts. There are 22 supplementary fields in Aerospace.
- Architectural engineering, is the application of engineering principles and technology to design and construct buildings. Structural, mechanical and electrical engineering are other fields of building design and construction. There are 31 supplementary categories.
- Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that applies physical sciences and life sciences together with mathematics and economics to produce, transform, transport, and properly use chemicals, materials and energy. There are 16 more supplementary categories.
- Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. It is the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies. There are 19 sub discipline categories.
- Electrical engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. There are 29 sub- discipline categories.
- Environmental engineering is the integration of sciences and engineering principles to improve the natural environment, to provide healthy water, air, and land for human habitation and for other organisms, and to clean up pollution sites. It also includes studies on the environmental impact of proposed construction projects. There are 13 sub – discipline categories.
- Genetic engineering is the direct manipulation of an organism’s genome using biotechnology. It is therefore a set of technologies used to change the genetic makeup of cells, including the transfer of genes within and across species boundaries to produce improved or novel organisms. There are 8 sub – discipline categories.
- Industrial and Production Engineering is a combination of Mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management Science. It is a branch of engineering concerned with the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and process. It is very necessary for any manufacturing company and service providing enterprise to implement this concept of engineering and principles of management science. there are many universities all over the world provide Bachelor , Master and PhD degrees in this engineering course. There are 9 sub – discipline.
- Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and material science for the design, analysis, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery. It is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering disciplines. There are 27 sub- discipline categories.
- Military engineering is loosely defined as the art and practice of designing and building military works and maintaining lines of military transport and communications. Military engineers are also responsible for logistics behind military tactics. There are 13 sub -discipline categories.
- Petroleum engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. Exploration by earth scientists, and petroleum engineering are the oil and gas industry’s two main subsurface disciplines, which focus on maximizing economic recovery of hydrocarbons from subsurface reservoirs. There are 5 sub – discipline categories.
- Railway engineering is a multi-faceted engineering discipline dealing with the design, construction and operation of all types of railway systems. It encompasses a wide range of engineering disciplines, including civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and production engineering. A great many other engineering sub-disciplines are also called upon. There are at least 21 sub -discipline categories.
- Software engineering is the study and an application of engineering to the design, development and maintenance of software. There are 23 sub – discipline categories.
- 14. Structural engineering is involved in the non-building structures. However, they can also be involved in the design of machinery, medical equipment and vehicles or any item where structural integrity affects the item’s function or safety. There are 23 sub- discipline categories.
- Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering. that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering systems over their life cycles. Systems engineering deals with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects. There are 18 sub -discipline categories.
- Telecommunications engineering is an engineering discipline that brings together electrical engineering with computer science to enhance telecommunication systems. A telecommunication engineer is responsible for designing and overseeing the installation of telecommunications equipment and facilities, such as complex electronic switching systems, copper wire telephone facilities and fiber optics. There are 14 sub-discipline categories.
- Wireless Engineering is the branch of engineering which addresses the design, application, and research of wireless communication systems and technologies. There are 16 sub -discipline categories.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2015, at 13:58